Most people think that wrinkles are simply a result of old age, but this isn’t always the case. Environmental factors, such as sun exposure and pollution, can also cause wrinkles to form. In fact, any type of facial expression can create them over time. So how do wrinkles show up in the first place? They form when the skin is stretched or contracted. This can happen when you smile, frown, or squint. Repeated movements over time will cause the skin to lose its elasticity, which results in wrinkles.
Wrinkles may be annoying, but Executive Medical has a number of different ways to fix it.
More About Wrinkles
Exposure to UV rays is one of the biggest contributors to wrinkles. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation breaks down collagen and elastin, the fibers that help support your skin cells. This damages both of these components, which makes them unable to keep skin taut, leading to sagging and crow’s feet. In fact, just one hour of exposure to the sun can cause a loss of 1% of your skin’s elasticity. Over time, this can add up and result in noticeable wrinkles.
Wrinkle Treatment Options
- Botox – BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, common, non-surgical, physician administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles. One 10-minute treatment – a few tiny injections and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows on your forehead, glabella and crows feet that can last four to six months.
- VirtueRF – VirtueRF is the newest generation of radio frequency microneedling, allowing patients to combat fine lines and wrinkles that have set in as well their unwanted scars including acne.
- Microneedling – Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses collagen production to treat skin concerns. It can help those looking to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, deep wrinkles, and acne scars. It can also reverse sun damage and pigmentation and can be done all over your body. After treatment, it is recommended to be gentle with your skin for a while. If the sound of needling is bothersome, don’t worry, a topical anesthetic is applied to your skin to reduce chances of pain before treatment. A facial can be added to be applied after the treatment.
- Dysport – Dysport is an anti-wrinkle injection that works by relaxing one’s facial muscles. It is similar to Botox but with a few slight differences. It spreads out easier than Botox, allowing it to cover a larger area. Dysport is best used for Crow’s feet, frown/worry lines, and gummy smile.
- CoolPeel – CoolPeel is a revolutionary new CO2 laser procedure that cools your skin as it reduces the appearance of fine lines, sun damage and other signs of aging. Long-term use can effectively improve texture without any downtime!
Wrinkle Treatments in North County San Diego, California
Seeing wrinkles in the mirror can be an awful experience. Executive Medical is dedicated to providing San Marcos, CA and the greater North County San Diego community the best wrinkle treatments available. Make an appointment today by calling 760-290-3552 or by scheduling in the link below. Visit us today to live a happier and healthier life!